Friday, February 11, 2011

Illegalized baby names of 2010

I know illegalized isn't a legitimate word, but whatever. My friend made it up.

So anyway, I was on Yahoo and I saw the weirdest illegalized names of 2010. This is the list:

1. Talula does the Hula
(New Zealand) Who would name their kid THAT??? I mean, isn't Talula enough???

2. Venerdi (AKA Friday)
(Italy) According to the article, they threatened to name their next kid Wednesday. (: D)

3. Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116
(Sweden) Who would do that to their kid???!???!!?!!? I mean, COME ON!!!! Apparently it's pronounced 'Albin'. Psshh. What the heck.
Imagine learning to write your name.

Normal kindergarten kid:
This kid:



Or if the class did something like:
Teacher: "How many letters are in your name, Sam?"
Sam: "Three!!!" :)
Teacher: "Awesome!!! And how many letters are in YOUR name, Albin?"
(Let's call him 'Albin') Albin: "Uh... (One, two, three, four, seven, nineteen, zero, 104, eleven, two) Um, two? Wait no... I can't do it... I can't count higher than four..."
Teacher: "Um... Okay then... There's 43, by the way. So, how many vowels are in your name, Sam?"
Sam: "ONE!!! YAY!!!!" *kindergarten cuteness*
Teacher: "Oh, yay!!! So how many vowels in your name, Albin?"
Albin: "I... I, uh... None?"
Teacher: "WHAT??? You can't have NO VOWELS in your name!!! That's impossible!!!!"
Albin: "But I..."
Teacher: But you NOTHING!!! Go sit in the corner!!!"
Albin: *mumbling* "It's just my name..."

Look how much trouble having a name like 'Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116' would have caused for this kid!!!

4. Gesher (AKA 'Bridge')
(Norway) Apparently the mother already had 14 kids (OMG!!!!) so she probably ran out of names.

5. Chow Tow (AKA 'Smelly Head')
(Malaysia) I don't know why, but this name reminds me of 'chew toy'. Actually, I'm pretty sure I do know why but I just said that because... Because I did.

6. @
(China) According to the parents, the 'at' symbol looks like the Cantonese letter for 'love' or hugs' or something.

7. Miatt
(Germany) The name-judges (or whatever they are) thought that it didn't obviously show whether the kid was a girl or a boy.

8. Anus
(Denmark) Ha ha!!!! OMG, I wonder if they knew. Maybe they don't speak English... Or thought he/she/it/Anus/ looked like one. (: P)

9. Ovnis
(Portugal) No comment. Actually, I really don't remember what they said it meant. Or anything about it. Oh well.

10. Akuna (AKA 'Devil')
(Japan) It's like:
"Hey Devil!!!!"
"Yeah???"
"Why did your parents call you 'Devil'? Is it because you're STUPID???"

Oh, well. I would never want a name like any of those, but some of them are kinda funny (ha ha Anus hee hee...)

No comments:

Post a Comment