Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bad hearing with cows!!!!

Okay, I had the worst hearing again a few hours ago. Here's the conversation between my little sister Ness and I:

Ness: Wow. I was on the iBook app on my iPod, and I saw this dictionary thing, and it has the worst definition for a cow.


Me: What does it say?


Ness: Cow: noun. A small, domesticated, carnivorous mammal with soft fur, a short snout, and retractile claws.

(I was thinking, "Small? No... And I didn't know that cows had claws... Wait, carnivorous?  I don't think so.")




Ness: It is widely kept as a pet or for catching mice, and many breeds have been developed.

(Now I was really confused.  I was thinking, "Umm... They don't catch mice... What kind of cow catches mice? I mean, REALLY!!!!
And as far as I know, only two breeds of cow exist... The black and white kind, or the brown kind.")



Ness: Felis Cowus, family Felidae (the cow family); probably domesticated in ancient Egypt from the local race of wild cow, and held in great reverence there.




Ness: The cow family also includes the ocelot, serval, margay, lynx, and the big cows, like tigers and lions.

(Now this is when I finally understood [or at least things made more sense] that she wasn't talking about cows.)

Me: Wait.. Tigers??? Why would tigers... Cows... WHAT??? Are you actually talking about cows? I'm so, sooo confused...

Ness: (laughing) Cows??? I said cats!!!

Me: Oh... Um... Okay.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment